General Information: The I.F.R. Pontoon type is a floating internal roof and an emission-controlling device suitable for installation into all types of fixed roof storage tanks containing all types of crude and refined products. The purpose of the internal floating roof is to minimize vapour zone above the stored liquid. This system reduces emissions and evaporative losses of storage products, and less corrosive or oxidizing elements would be produced in the tank when removing the vapour zone from the fixed roof storage tanks, resulting in reduced air pollution and long-term cost savings.
- The assembled structure complies with the design requirements of the API 650 standard.
- Calculation and design done according to EUROCODE Matrix Methods of Structural Analysis
- The construction material can be Aluminum or Stainless Steel by the API 650 standard.
- The materials are compatible with a broad range of stored products.
- Strong enough to support all sealing systems, including both primary and secondary metal seals.
- Extruded aluminum Floats with no longitudinal welds to improve safety and increase working life. Pontoons under pressure Factory tested.
- All components fit through the manway for quick, easy installation
Its combination with an Aluminum Geodesic Dome provides maximum control of losses or emissions and the maximum utilization of the storage capacity.
Internal Floating Roof – Pontoon Type is installed at Talara City (Peru)